Your privacy is very important to us. We have therefore developed this policy to help you understand how we collect, use, communicate and make use of personal information.
This privacy notice provides you with details on how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site https://www.fleetsafetyacademy.co.uk
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
Northern Star Risk Management Ltd t/a The Fleet Safety Academy are the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ in this privacy notice).
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Northern Star Risk Management Ltd
E mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: Lawrence House, James Nicholson Link, Clifton Moor, York, YO30 4WG
It is important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at james@fleet safetyacademy.co.uk
What data do we collect about you, for what purpose and on what grounds do we process it?
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data – includes communications that you send to us. This could be through information on the contact form on our website, emails, text messages, social media messages etc. This data is processed for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful grounds for this processing is our legitimate interests, which in this case, are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data – this relates to any data in respect of purchases of goods and services and could include your name, title, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your bank account or credit card details. We process this data to supply the goods and services you have purchased and to keep records of such transitions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and / or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- User Data – this includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back ups of our website and / or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- Technical Data – includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful grounds for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data – includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and our communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give aways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow your business and to decide our marketing strategy.
We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is a legitimate interest in growing our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests in growing our business.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this please email us at email@example.com. In case we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
We do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
How We Collect Your Personal Data
We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the EU, search information providers such as Google based outside the EU, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as data brokers or aggregators.
Our lawful grounds for processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests in growing our business.
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if:
- You made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services
- You agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. However, you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
Before we share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes we will get your express consent. However, please note that we do not and never have shared our email list with third parties. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt out links at the bottom of any marketing message sent to you or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
Disclosures Of Your Personal Data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Professional advisors including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- If your insurance company has paid for your membership of our service, we may inform that insurer when your organisation has signed up and used our service
- Providers of IT and administration systems
We will require any third party to whom we transfer your data to treat your data in accordance with legal requirements. We would only allow third parties to process your data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have security measures to prevent your personal data being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed or accessed without authorisation. Any employee or partner will be required to follow our instructions when processing your data and will keep the data confidential.
If we suspect a breach of our controls on you personal data we will notify you and any relevant regulator if we are legally required to do so.
Some of our third party service providers could be based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and their processing of your personal data may involve a transfer of data outside the EEA. If your data is transferred outside the EEA we will make our best efforts to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least of the following safeguards:
- Use of US based service providers that are part of the EU – US Privacy Shield
- Use of service providers in country that has a standard of data protection equivalent to the EEA standard
- Use of service providers who are following a code of conduct approved by the European Commission
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose we collected it for, including for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding for how long to retain data we will consider the amount of data, its nature, sensitivity and the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure.
Tax requirements result in us needing to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your Legal Rights
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at email@example.com
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your rights to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up your response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case we will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
Third Party Links
This website may include links to third party websites, plug ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.